How to choose a contraceptive method?
Currently, various options for contraceptive methods are available. The type that works best for you will depend on your lifestyle and health.
Deciding which method of contraception is right for you should be agreed with a specialist, namely a gynecologist. Your doctor can help you determine which methods of contraception are best for you and will not harm your health, and are most effective in preventing pregnancy.
Remember, the only way to protect yourself from sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is to use a condom every time you have sex. Other methods of contraception prevent pregnancy, but do not protect against STIs.
Types of contraception. How effective are different methods?
The list below shows how effective each of the 15 different birth control methods is, and how often you should use them. Some of the methods listed below, such as pills, include the phrase «when used properly.» This is because people who use these methods of contraception must use them every time they have sex, or remember to take or use them every day, week, or month. Otherwise, there will be no contraceptive effect.
Contraceptives that are more than 99% effective:
- contraceptive implant (validity term up to 3 years)
- intrauterine system (validity term up to 5 years)
- female sterilization (permanent procedure to prevent pregnancy)
- male sterilization or vasectomy (permanent procedure).
Contraceptives that are more than 99% effective if always used properly, but are usually less than 95% effective when used routinely:
- contraceptive injection (renewable every 8 weeks or every 12 weeks, depending on type)
- co-formulated tablet (should be taken every day for 3 weeks each month)
- progestogen-only pills (need to be taken every day)
- contraceptive agent (renewable every week for 3 weeks each month)
- vaginal ring (renewable once a month)
Contraceptives that are 99% effective when used according to the instructions:
- The Sympto-Thermal Method of natural family planning (daily monitoring of body and cervical temperature)
Contraceptives that are 98% effective when used properly:
- male condom (at every intercourse)
Contraceptives that are 95% effective when used properly:
- female condom (at every intercourse)
Contraceptives, the effectiveness of which ranges from 92 to 96%, when used properly:
- diaphragm or cap with spermicide (at every intercourse)
Contraception — doctor’s consultation at the EverEsthetic Clinic
Our clinic has all conditions for a woman of any age to come to us and get full comprehensive medical care. Medical care from adolescence, selection of contraception, diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases, pelvic organs, menstrual disorders, aesthetic gynecology and intimate plastic surgery — this is not a complete list of possibilities of EverEsthetic Clinic.
The EverEsthetic clinic invites cosmetologists for an individual hand setting, which is carried out by the leading cosmetologists of the...
Our clinic has all the possibilities of modern aesthetic gynecology for solving intimate problems using vulvo-vaginal remodeling (lasers, plasma therapy,...
At EverEsthetic Clinic, Tian Valentina Vissarionovna, the obstetrics and gynecology doctor, a high-level certificate physician, and aesthetic gynecologist recieves patients....